MODERATOR with an Iron Fist full of Marshmallows

Massacre in Denver at Theatre   

wtf?...12 dead..58 others hurt
    I'm never going to a movie theatre again..Insanity

vibes to all the families

2. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09
    I need 100 black coffins for 100 bad men.

Horrible.

This world can be a messed up place.

3. zkurd

zkurd

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Tengo mi pistola y dientes de oro

So fucked up!

...and tomorrow is one year from the massacre in Oslo and Utøya.

:(

4. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

why can people buy automatic weapons?

5. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

The law varies from state-to-state, and then even by county-to-county. In California, for example, automatic weapons are completely illegal. In Colorado, they can't have more than a 20-round magazine capacity.

That said, buying automatic weapons in both Colorado and California is very easy to do without going through any legal channels (no waiting period either).

6. GumbysRath

GumbysRath

Loungin Since Aug '10
    Long Beach

yea but a hundred round drum mag should be illegal no matter what... military supply only type of business. there's nothing you can do with semi autos being converted to fully autos, thanks to desert militias.

7. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Sorry, I REALLY don't want to turn this into a gun control debate after only three posts.

I've got a lot of friends that are seriously wrecked over this whole thing. It's emotionally exhausting.

8. Paulg

Paulg

Loungin Since Aug '09
    The Blame Department

supposedly, dude was packing all semi-auto weapons that he purchased legally.

9. GumbysRath

GumbysRath

Loungin Since Aug '10
    Long Beach

youknowlarry said: Sorry, I REALLY don't want to turn this into a gun control debate after only three posts.
    I've got a lot of friends that are seriously wrecked over this whole thing. It's emotionally exhausting.

no worries sir, i hear what ur saying and i can totally say i'm finding it emotionally exhausting and i don't know anyone involved... vibes for sure sir.

10. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

i am sorry for everyone involved/close to the victims

11. shinobi

shinobi

Loungin Since May '11
    the orient♨↔§formerly peh

12. TahoeChappy

TahoeChappy

just gettin' started
    Loungin Since Aug '09

youknowlarry said: Sorry, I REALLY don't want to turn this into a gun control debate after only three posts.

Instead of the standard ol' gun control debate that is hashed and re-hashed to nowhere (since opposite ends of the spectrum will never change their viewpoints) - and because of my personal issues I've had to deal with - I'm quite curious what role, if any, a mental disorder played in this tragedy?

Just before disengaging with his University of Colorado - Denver's graduate program in neurosciences....and loading up on 6,000 rounds in the last couple of months....
    the University website listed one of his courses as the Biological Basis of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders.

Not to say that I know at all if this dude will be found to have some serious shit fucked up in his brain like the University of Texas shooter had in 1966 in his massacre, but one can speculate that it's like he learned something or came across something or had some type of seminal moment where he took a hard left turn mentally and snapped.

Or maybe he was just evil???

I've liked me my Morgan Freeman Through the Wormhole shows, and very coincidentally (and unfortunately) this episode on "Can We Eliminate Evil" came out just before the shooting.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin

Just other thoughts among the obvious one of WTF!!?? when reflecting on this tragedy....  

13. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I've thought about that a lot too, Chapman. Regardless the weapon choice (gun, knife, car bomb, airplane, etc...), there has to be some consideration of the sick bastard that decided to deliberately, mercilessly take innocent lives. The human mind, with all its mysteries, is more dangerous a weapon than anything tangible.

That being said, I hope no authority finds him to be "psychologically unstable" or whatever bullshit can be pulled to lessen the severity of his sentence.

14. thelumpya2

thelumpya2

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Maine

My heart goes out to all of the families involved in this. I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

15. asianstick

asianstick

Loungin Since Mar '11
    Chicago

Some guy on some conspiracy website "predicted" this event back on July 9th.

16. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

I wonder if sexual frustration played a part. I caught on the news that he was a member of Adultfriendfinder.com

17. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

pretty sure there has to be some mental illness there, but depending on the definition we're all mentally ill to some degree

i get handguns, hell i want to own one. fun to shoot, personal protection all that and yeah you could take out some folks with it sure but its not a machine gun.

long guns, shotguns, of course. go hunting have fun

but fucking machine guns and all that other stupid shit? owning 6000 rounds of ammo? its fucking stupid and if a few gun fetishists rights have to be trampled on so that no one can get that shit without mega illegal connections/behavior so be it

18. dylanpipe

dylanpipe

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Vermont

he boobie trapped his own house, so he would kill any police....... he must have a mental illness.

19. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

dylanpipe said:  he boobie trapped his own house, so he would kill any police....... he must have a mental illness.

I heard something about how he left techno blasting in his booby-trapped apartment. He also left the front door open, basically inviting someone to come in and trigger one of his booby traps. His neighbor went by and checked on the loud music, but luckily for her, she didn't go in.

20. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Well there you have it. Techno makes you kill people and should be banned.

21. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

youknowlarry said: Well there you have it. Techno makes you kill people and should be banned.

Genius.

And did someone say mentally ill?

22. sw00shm4n

sw00shm4n

Loungin Since Jan '10
    Whale's Vagina

What. A. Kook.

23. thelumpya2

thelumpya2

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Maine

youknowlarry said: Well there you have it. Techno makes you kill people and should be banned.

Guns don't kill people, Techno kills people.

24. thelumpya2

thelumpya2

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Maine

This fucking yahoo lives in the town I work in, and attended the same movie in the theater that's in the town I live in.. awesome.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/07/23/news/portland/police-arsenal-of-guns-seized-from-biddeford-man-who-saw-batman-movie-with-loaded-weapon/?ref=relatedSidebar

25. rgrwilco

rgrwilco

Loungin Since Jan '10
    jersey

thelumpya2 said:  This fucking yahoo lives in the town I work in, and attended the same movie in the theater that's in the town I live in.. awesome.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2012/07/23/news/portland/police-arsenal-of-guns-seized-from-biddeford-man-who-saw-batman-movie-with-loaded-weapon/?ref=relatedSidebar

Im saddened to say, but I'm sure there are people with loaded guns everywhere and we just don't know it. Where i work, i see people carrying every day, and i know for a fact the guns are mostly illegal. Police every day are seizing assault rifles from local gangs, its nuts. Assault rifles by definiting imply that their use is for assault against human targets. People do not need those. And for the nuts citing the second amendment, lets have a look.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Well regulated is the first few words. The amendment implies that gun laws can be regulated, but arms must be accessible. Lets anaylze this. This amendment was written before machine guns, assault rifles, and weapons of the like. So personally, what I take from the second amendment, is that the government can impose regulations as long as there are some form of arms available to the public. Handguns and hunting rifles are all the public needs, and thats all they should get.

Note: not fixing typos, I'm staring into the sun on my deck and my screen is hard enough to read.

26. thelumpya2

thelumpya2

Loungin Since Nov '09
    Maine

While I agree with alot of what you said, did you actually read that article?

This dude said he brought a gun to the Batman showing, which he admitted to during a traffic stop where he was cited for doing 112 mph. During the stop they discovered assault rifles and newspaper clippings about the colorado shooting spree that had just taken place. He admitted to having been heading to the next state over to kill a former boss when he was pulled over. Also, when they searched his apartment, they found essentially the same arsenal that the colorado killer had.

27. rgrwilco

rgrwilco

Loungin Since Jan '10
    jersey

I read the article, my post was a poor attempt to spin off from that article and comment on the prevalence of weapons in general. There are many stories like that that i come across each year but they don't get much attention unless something happens, and it usually takes a major incident to bring it back to the public's eye for a brief period of time before it goes all away until next time.

28. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

Christian Bale visiting victims of the shooting...pretty damn cool of him.

29. rossco23

rossco23

Loungin Since Aug '09
    wyooooming

30. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

rossco23 said:  

stupid.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
letter from china 17 tianjin tianjin 41 minutes
I`m going fishing - 23252627 795 Dave99 Iced_endeavor 58 minutes
Post a picture of yourself - 23402403404 12102 RIPITUP Qurph 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23851852853 25573 TahoeChappy Gonzo 2 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23353637 1081 Jneischen LilTeichMonster 3 hours
The Official Tahoe Thread - 23525354 1598 Alkasquawlik nitro909 4 hours
THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD - 23226227228 6817 JungleLarry oakwood-jones 4 hours
WTB: Union Stage III baseplates, M/L 1 awd1105 awd1105 5 hours
Ye Olde Skateboarding Thread - 23575859 1762 Spenser Spenser 6 hours
Random shred news and etc... - 23525354 1613 Junkshow Custom Method 8 hours