take me to the bottom
  1. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

32 Last January.

+1 to shenanigans. 30's are kinda cool, the only shitty parts are:

-You need do more maintenance before and after you do dumb shit. I can't play 4 days in a row of hockey with my "warmup" being putting on my equipment and my "recovery" being taking a shower and going to bed.

-Getting over injuries/getting shitfaced take a little longer (more so with getting shitfaced.)

Other than that, I prefer them to my 20s since I know a little more about everything. It sounds corny but it's kinda true. The only annoying part is, some of the music I hella love, I feel wild old at the concerts mostly because of what younger motherfuckers talk about and this is important.

Re: Gifts, I'm useless. I don't really celebrate any of my birthdays other than getting to do what I want the entire day....and night.

2. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

I know many people that are inthe best shape of their life physically and financially at 40. I'm not one of them unfortunately. Fuck complaint about 30.

3. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said: 32 Last January.
    +1 to shenanigans. 30's are kinda cool, the only shitty parts are:
    -You need do more maintenance before and after you do dumb shit. I can't play 4 days in a row of hockey with my "warmup" being putting on my equipment and my "recovery" being taking a shower and going to bed.
    -Getting over injuries/getting shitfaced take a little longer (more so with getting shitfaced.)
    Other than that, I prefer them to my 20s since I know a little more about everything. It sounds corny but it's kinda true. The only annoying part is, some of the music I hella love, I feel wild old at the concerts mostly because of what younger motherfuckers talk about and this is important.
    Re: Gifts, I'm useless. I don't really celebrate any of my birthdays other than getting to do what I want the entire day....and night.

Shralp gets anal on his birthday too. Hey that should be your gift. Anal all year.

4. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

@doc It's hella true re: being in the best shape. Like, you don't find yourself doing ridiculous shit at the gym and somehow being MUCH stronger/more coordinated than when you were "hitting the gym HARD" in your 20s.

'Gravy a loose four in hand knot FTMFW. Pocket squares are for motherfuckers that watch too much Madmen and act like they're not absolutely hammered after that 6th martini that they don't actually like drinking.  

5. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

drjcv said:   Fuck complaint about 30.

I'm not complaining about turning 30, I know I'm still young. I just don't feel mature enough for that age.

6. Ampersand

Ampersand

Loungin Since Aug '09
    WI

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

I've been wondering how the fuck I turned 30 for 4 years now. But I gott admit, life is good.

7. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said: Pocket squares are for motherfuckers that watch too much Madmen and act like they're not absolutely hammered after that 6th martini that they don't actually like drinking.  

Never watched a full episode and I love gin. Go fuck yourself.

8. minimal

minimal

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Vancouver BC

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

drjcv said:  I know many people that are inthe best shape of their life physically and financially at 40. I'm not one of them unfortunately. Fuck complaint about 30.

Ditto.

40 in a few months. Currently piling on the debt as we speak, but at least it's for university which is a good cause of course. One upside, pretty much everyone at school that guessed my age figured I was about 26-28 and I even got carded at the liquor store a few years ago. Good genes and a steadfast refusal to grow up for the muthafuqin' win.

Also, as for "growing up" I have to firmly say "Screw that." Why is it that just because I've been on this planet for a certain length of time that I'm suddenly not "supposed" to like doing certain things, eat certain foods, listen to certain music? If someone else wants to throw away all the things that used to bring them boundless amounts of joy and happiness go for it. Buy that ride'em lawnmower, put on those trousers, and shake your codger fist at the kids on your lawn. I'll keep doing what I want regardless of some stupid number on my birth certificate and let's see who's more happy in the end.

9. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

youknowlarry said:

phony_stark said: Pocket squares are for motherfuckers that watch too much Madmen and act like they're not absolutely hammered after that 6th martini that they don't actually like drinking.  

Only if you let me wipe off with your pocketsquare.

(I like gin too.)

10. Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

p.s. any other good gift ideas for an "adult" like me?  

anal...and maybe after you can do it to her.

11. mmmoves

mmmoves

Loungin Since Mar '11
    <<<cosmic slop>>>

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

I'll be 40 in January and have a tentative trip planned to Washington so if any of you out there in EL land are in that area, sound off. I'll probably be staying in the Kent area and I def want to hit Crystal, but some others as well.

As for being 39, I ride with 25 yr olds that tell me I'm an inspiration, lol. I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment. Either way, I ride as hard as I can and yes, I pay for it at times (broken rib this season) but it's worth it (though it can get expensive wit doc bills). I still skate a lot as well. And by skate I mean transition, flip tricks, etc., not just bombing hills.

I def agree that it takes a bit longer to recover, but it's love, so you just have to keep that mind set.

Happy early dirty thirty, Shralp...  

12. Martinus

Martinus

Loungin Since Nov '09
    NL/CH

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

Then don't grow up.

13. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said:

youknowlarry said:

Only if you let me wipe off with your pocketsquare.
    (I like gin too.)

Get real. That's for looks. Reach into my back pocket and grab my hanky.

14. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

I like how this thread has become a support group for the over 30 crowd. I ride with the Socal chapter of the OMPC (Old Man Park/Pow Club) and those guys rip. I think they actually got better with age. It's an inspiration to see people still progressing well after 30.

From my personal observation, the main difference between 30s and 20s is you have pick your battles more. Meaning is it really worth it to get smashed on a Monday night?

15. wds178

wds178

Loungin Since Mar '11
    St. Paul

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

For my 30th Birthday I got a new BMX bike.

That was 12 years ago.
    -Bill

16. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

41 here. 30 was in the best shape of my life... i was ripped and beefy. shredded 40+ days a year and went OUT 4+ nights a week.

since then i'm +2 cars, +1 wife, +1 house, +2 kids, -1 kidney

i still shred ok and party a fair bit, but the body is definitely breaking down. more aches and pains, heartburn, ear/nose hair, etc to deal with. oh, and in the shower, i need to hold the bottle abOUT 11 feet away to see if it's shampoo or conditioner.

keep asking for toys...playing never gets old...

oh, and bj's. they never get old either.  

17. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

mcbain said: I like how this thread has become a support group for the over 30 crowd. I ride with the Socal chapter of the OMPC (Old Man Park/Pow Club) and those guys rip. I think they actually got better with age. It's an inspiration to see people still progressing well after 30.
    From my personal observation, the main difference between 30s and 20s is you have pick your battles more. Meaning is it really worth it to get smashed on a Monday night?

LOL, yeah this thread totally devolved into old man support group.

Dude, picking your battles sums it up perfectly.

18. mmmoves

mmmoves

Loungin Since Mar '11
    <<<cosmic slop>>>

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said:

pick your battles more.

Yup. Ha, but I often don't do that when riding/skating. I do when going out though..   

19. goggles

goggles

Loungin Since Aug '09
    bucktown --> strong island

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

that more describes how to survive marriage vs old age. for me at least...  

20. phony_stark

phony_stark

Loungin Since Dec '10
    oakland, ca

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

^^  Truth. ^^

21. F18

F18

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Let's Shred Ostie d'Calisse!

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

goggles said: that more describes how to survive marriage keep your wife vs old age. for me at least...  

I'll turn 30 soon enough.. (15months)

I think having a family to live with/ take care of by my side would help me to "grow up" alot.

22. buggravy

buggravy

Loungin Since Apr '10

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

Yin and yang and shit. I'm at least as strong as I've ever been, and in better cardio shape than ever, but I've had more doctor visits in the last 2 years than I did in the previous 2 decades. But like Goggles said, life is as much if not more of a quest for BJs and toys and fun than it ever was.

23. JLD

JLD

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

33 here... I like riding with the shop kids because I get extra props in the park and being a old.

I will say I feel like I'm in better shape now, I keep waiting to hit a wall or something.

24. JLD

JLD

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said:

mcbain said: I like how this thread has become a support group for the over 30 crowd. I ride with the Socal chapter of the OMPC (Old Man Park/Pow Club) and those guys rip. I think they actually got better with age. It's an inspiration to see people still progressing well after 30.

+1 totally agree.

25. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

See below.

26. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

phony_stark said:

I could certainly host this support group. I've been living in Egypt and floating down the river of de-NILE for a lot longer than the rest of you (sans RFK).

27. mcbain

mcbain

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Blast Beat Go!

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

^^^ Did you, at your wise old age, just learn how to use the quote button just now?

28. Ampersand

Ampersand

Loungin Since Aug '09
    WI

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

Guys like Goggles, Nose, Doc and RFK actually make me feel better about aging.

I just want to keep having a good time.  

Thanks, all you old Sonsabitches!

29. Nose Dradamous

Nose Dradamous

Loungin Since Sep '09
    Emerald City

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

mcbain said: ^^^ Did you, at your wise old age, just learn how to use the quote button just now?

Without my glasses, I just see these red link looking like buttons and got lucky with the one that the arrow landed on.
    Damn, it did it again.

30. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

I Don't Want To Grow Up   

nose-dradamous said:

phony_stark said:

I could certainly host this support group. I've been living in Egypt and floating down the river of de-NILE for a lot longer than the rest of you (sans RFK).

Bob created the river of de-nile.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
FS: Whoops, Seasonal Unemployment Softgoods SALE: AG, AK, Holden G-Shock 5 captmuff Spenser 9 seconds
Nike Kiju Heel Lift 12 xoanl HyperLeafBlower 3 minutes
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 2345 126 vancouver Dr. Dre 12 minutes
The Official 2015 thread - 23102103104 3118 whoisminishred matty 19 minutes
Time to Unload...FS: capita, union, anon 5 mjpoltorak mjpoltorak 26 minutes
Post Your Quiver Thread - 23878889 2645 shralp sometimesdylan 50 minutes
Teh Official Union Bindings Thread - 23146147148 4422 shralp Spenser 1 hour
MTN Approach Kit (skis, bindings and pack) 2 woodhomie1996 woodhomie1996 1 hour
The Official Seattle Thread - 23252627 799 Buffalo Swatter 27 Stuuuuuuu89 1 hour
Post a picture of yourself - 23403404405 12141 RIPITUP goggles 1 hour