• Latest reply from matty

Tags:

take me to the bottom
  1. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09
    I'm only here for the après

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Surprised there's not already a thread on this.

Denmark stole the game earlier this morning, what an awful read by the Netherlands goalie.

Portugal and Germany right now, should be a good game.

2. illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

The Dutch keeper couldn't do much with that and none of the blame should be placed on him. He was set to cover either post and, yeah, if a shot is hit at pace on the deck then it's like to meg him.

The Danes looked tidy, playing to their strengths (Rommedahl's pace, a strong back four, a decent keeper and nice link up with their central midfielders) while the Dutch looked a bit lacking in ideas.

The Danes also seemed to have a pre-ordained tactic of playing it short from the keeper to make the Dutch forwards (van Persie, Affalay mainly) chase and chase to make them tired in the warm and humid conditions.

But a lot of talk about Denmark being massive underdogs; but this is a side that came top of their qualifying group!

Few missed potential handball calls - cue the whole 'ball-to-hand' arguments - but Denmark did better.

The opening game between Greece and Poland was laughably bad because of the refereeing. It makes the dubious NBA officials look honest.

Twenty minutes into Portugal Germany and not much is happening.

3. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

does anyone have a link to wear you can watch the germany game live right now?

4. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

found one

5. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Grass fairies.

6. illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

VIPBox.tv

For all your sporting stream needs.

7. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Netherlands and Portugal is going to be a good game, can't wait.

8. big_matt

big_matt

Loungin Since Jan '10

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Put a decent bet on Russia to win it at 22/1 before the tournament so quite happy with what I saw last night. Germany vs Portugal was pretty boring but first rounders can be like that I suppose.  

Holland in big trouble now. If Germany beat them in their next game they are pretty much out.

9. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

alkasquawlik said:  Netherlands and Portugal is going to be a good game, can't wait.

If they both win their next matches it will be a good game. If not, at least one of their fates will have been decided and there won't be much to play for.

10. Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

youknowlarry said:

alkasquawlik said:  Netherlands and Portugal is going to be a good game, can't wait.

If they both win their next matches it will be a good game. If not, at least one of their fates will have been decided and there won't be much to play for.

True, I hadn't looked at the schedule yet when I posted it and assumed they played next. That's what I get.

11. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

come on Spain!  

Edit: oh fuck  

Re-edit: Fuck Yes 1-1

12. illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

They don't need to play Steve Biscuits (not an iPhone correct, but what he seems to be called in England), Xabi and Xavi in the same team.

Ramos is a liability as a centre half and would do much better than Arbeloa at right back.

I've been praying for Nando to do well for Spain, and even to play well for Chelsea. I'm one of the silent majority of Liverpool fans (born and live in Liverpool) who think he was fantastic and that £50m for someone out of form and who would be playing with average players if he stayed was a fantastic deal.

His armband proved he was a red:

• YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Really enjoyed that match.

• illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Loved some of the sliding tackles being made in addition to the typical Italian snidey heel taps, stamps, shirt pulls.

A match is always better when there's a bit of needle in it.

• Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

youknowlarry said: Really enjoyed that match.

Agreed.

• Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Germany - Portugal was boring. Spain - Italy was good to watch. Wish Spain would have scored one more goal.

• Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

eva said:  Germany - Portugal was boring. Spain - Italy was good to watch. Wish Spain would have scored one more goal.

Germany and Portugal became a good game in the second half. Ronaldo is good, his vision is insane, there were a couple passes he had that his teammates didn't seem to expect at all. I feel once they become acclimated to his playing style and passes, you'll see some more good looks on goal.

Spain definitely had some chances there at the end of the game, couldn't capitalize.

• Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

alkasquawlik said:

eva said:  Germany - Portugal was boring. Spain - Italy was good to watch. Wish Spain would have scored one more goal.

Germany and Portugal became a good game in the second half. Ronaldo is good, his vision is insane, there were a couple passes he had that his teammates didn't seem to expect at all. I feel once they become acclimated to his playing style and passes, you'll see some more good looks on goal.
    Spain definitely had some chances there at the end of the game, couldn't capitalize.

Obviously I am for Germany but yeah Ronaldo is really good. However, in comparison to Spain - Italy the game lacked aggressiveness and speed.

• Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

http://www.sportschau.de/uefaeuro2012/euro2012livestreams100.html

here a link to streams of all the games, german commentary though ;)

• illocon

illocon

Loungin Since May '11
    Liverpool

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

alkasquawlik said:

Portugal don't have someone like Xabi Alonso who C.Ronaldo (not to be confused with the original fat Ronaldo) gets to play with at Madrid, so he doesn't get the quality of service he needs. Overall, Portugal have a lot of very average players which places even greater pressure on him. But when he gets the ball and starts to run at people? That's when things get exciting.

• Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

illocon said:

alkasquawlik said:

Portugal don't have someone like Xabi Alonso who C.Ronaldo (not to be confused with the original fat Ronaldo) gets to play with at Madrid, so he doesn't get the quality of service he needs. Overall, Portugal have a lot of very average players which places even greater pressure on him. But when he gets the ball and starts to run at people? That's when things get exciting.

I agree. Like I said, there were a couple passes that I noticed where he flicked it to his teammate at the last second, and it looked like they had no idea it was coming. If they could've one-timed it, instead of fumbling around with it for a bit, it'd be a better chance for Portugal to score. Hopefully they can get more accustomed to it within the next few days and capitalize on some of the chances he sets up.

He needs to be more like Kobe... become more selfish and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot.

• Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

If Germany wins it all, in Poland, I'm going to be pissed.

• Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

ninety-roll said:  If Germany wins it all, in Poland, I'm going to be pissed.

Not like that hasn't happened before ;)

• Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

eva said:

yea, but they didn't win it all...

• Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

ninety-roll said:

eva said:

As much as I want Germany to win obviously, I think the hosting country always deserves to win, too. Go Poland (unless you are playing against us... then fuck off)

• Ninety-Roll

Ninety-Roll

Loungin Since Aug '09
    comedy. spliffs. shred.

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

eva said:

ninety-roll said:

eva said:

As much as I want Germany to win obviously, I think the hosting country always deserves to win, too. Go Poland (unless you are playing against us... then fuck off)

haha, i'll allow it.

• Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

For the next 90 minutes I am an England fan. Only because I hate the French more...

• Alkasquawlik

Alkasquawlik

Loungin Since Oct '09

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Poland and Russia should be a good, aggressive game. Refs better keep it tight in the beginning, or it may get out of hand later on in the match.

• Piscado Mal

Piscado Mal

Loungin Since Mar '12

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

I've enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) spending as much time in my local Scottish bar watching the games over the coming weeks.
    Boateng did an awesome job of holding down Ronaldo's game, mostly because he too is a badass - just not as pretty.
    I have never been a huge Germany fan, but this team as it's constituted has been a fun, atypical German side for several years now, and they play well together, which makes for enjoyable soccer.
    The Dutch are going to have to show up with their big boy pants on in the coming matches in order to make it through these two teams.

• Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

UEFA Euro Cup 2012   

Czech Republic. 2 goals in the first 5 minutes!!! That was awesome.

Sidenote: Play my first match in 7 years last night (indoor) and scored a goal. We won 7-6... think I'm making my comeback

• 2011 Burton Restricted
  • Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
    whisky picklez - 23242526 771 contra YouKnowLarry 47 minutes
    Surfing - 23131415 438 Joka17Wild HIHaole 1 hour
    The Official 2015 Captains Log - 23789 243 LilTeichMonster Spenser 2 hours
    Colour Wear Outerwear 11 HLC123 vevvu 2 hours
    WTB: Re:Flex Cartel, Malavita, Infidel, Mission // MEDIUM 6 heytchap sw00shm4n 3 hours
    Sierra bankruptcy update.... - 23484950 1490 Spenser Steezus Christ 3 hours
    the AG thread - 23128129130 3899 JP captmuff 4 hours
    D-Day Snowboards pro-form sale 27 rlang EMHM00 5 hours
    Teh Official Dealz Thread - 23152153154 4594 HLC123 rossco23 5 hours
    SPOT GPS messenger (and other GPS devices) 25 RIPITUP RIPITUP 6 hours