• Latest reply from zkurd
  • 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
take me to the bottom
  1. Mr_Tidbit

Mr_Tidbit

Loungin Since Sep '09
    SLC, @Mr_Tidbit

THE ANAEROBIC AND ANABOLIC THREAD   

We use the rower in our Crossfit WODs quite a bit and it is an alternate exercise for those that have issues running. But it is used in combination with other stuff, I can't imagine only doing that night after night. Last night we had to Row 2000 Meters, Run a Mile, 150 Sit-ups & 150 Double Unders.

2. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

pete_moss said:

youknowlarry said:

pete_moss said:  So it's just using a row machine? Am I missing something?

But you get to be yelled at by a lanky douche too, brah. And get hardnasty with some senior citizens.  

Hahaha the sound of their sagging arms flapping in the wind will really motivate me to push myself. I can't believe this guy is actually able to market this. People must really just be so stupid or desperate that they'll try anything. There's literally nothing special going on there.

The reason I posted that is because a friend of mine (who owns a gym here in town) just started advertised that he's going to be offering these classes. Kind of shameful, really.

3. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

mr_tidbit said: We use the rower in our Crossfit WODs quite a bit and it is an alternate exercise for those that have issues running. But it is used in combination with other stuff, I can't imagine only doing that night after night. Last night we had to Row 2000 Meters, Run a Mile, 150 Sit-ups & 150 Double Unders.

I row too.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

4. Mr_Tidbit

Mr_Tidbit

Loungin Since Sep '09
    SLC, @Mr_Tidbit

youknowlarry said:

mr_tidbit said: We use the rower in our Crossfit WODs quite a bit and it is an alternate exercise for those that have issues running. But it is used in combination with other stuff, I can't imagine only doing that night after night. Last night we had to Row 2000 Meters, Run a Mile, 150 Sit-ups & 150 Double Unders.

I row too.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

Those get to be brutal after a while, we do them during fight gone bad workouts. We do another version where you're in the plank position with dumbbells and you alternate arms.

5. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Yeah, I don't do 1,500,238 reps. I do 15.  

6. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

I think the rowing fad is awesome. If there's one thing the American public is lacking (other than general fitness and healthy diet) its posterior chain strength. I love hitting the rower for a couple hundred meters after a back day.

7. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

@tommy- re-read Starting Strength young grasshopper

8. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

i love rows. don't know why. just feels good.

9. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

dr-dre said:  I think the rowing fad is awesome. If there's one thing the American public is lacking (other than general fitness and healthy diet) its posterior chain strength. I love hitting the rower for a couple hundred meters after a back day.

There's nothing wrong with rowing. The Zumba-esque format is what makes me cringe.

10. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

haha yeah, i still need to finish starting strength the first time.

11. Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre

Loungin Since Aug '09
    Tahoe

youknowlarry said:

dr-dre said:  I think the rowing fad is awesome. If there's one thing the American public is lacking (other than general fitness and healthy diet) its posterior chain strength. I love hitting the rower for a couple hundred meters after a back day.

There's nothing wrong with rowing. The Zumba-esque format is what makes me cringe.

Bitches luh dat shit tho. As long as people are getting fit and strong I DGAF... The more we can get rid of the philosophies of "toning", the elliptical machine, and dancing or yoga as a workout the better.  

12. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

skipped on running today. weird weather.

gonna go for a long one tomorrow though :)

13. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

Finally got my membership at the gym. It's a little over a mile and a half from my house, and there is a wood chip trail the whole way. Ran a solid 3 miles and lifted for the first time in god knows how long.

Lifeguard tower sprints on the soft sand yesterday (perfect 1 minute sprint, walk back, repeat--kicks my ass!). Running and lifting today. Went to check the waves to see if a sunset surf was in order but it's a lake out there.

I'm fucking beat and it feels so good.

14. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

I wish I lived in Cali. Simply because of the beach.

15. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

Deload tonight, my only "workout" of any type this week. Squats, deadlifts, overhead press, 4 sets of 5 for each at 60% 5rm. Other than that, sleeping and eating is going well. We'll see how strong I feel come Monday.

16. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

Tomorrow = squats. I also got a new workout partner. This mother fucker has no idea what he signed up for.

17. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

^hahahaha.

i forgot to check my calories before going to buffalo wild wings tonight. came back and added it up. 500 above my daily target. dammit...  

18. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

6km in 36min

Back to my old 'normal' running pace. Now I just need to go more regularly and longer distances.

Bike ride tomorrow I think, then another run on Sunday. Depends on the weather.

19. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

saw some dude doing deadlifts with a rounded back. terrible and dangerous form. i always feel like saying something to those people but dont wanna come off as a smartass

20. contra

contra

Loungin Since Aug '09
    so this is finally public

as long as he's not a douche he'd probably appreciate it. and if he is a douche, fuck im

21. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I never try to correct someone's form.

1) I don't care
    2) They obviously don't either

22. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

fucking pouring rain

23. User has not uploaded an avatar

oakwood-jones

Loungin Since Oct '09

I might be crazy but i actually prefer running in the rain. There's something peaceful about it.

24. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

I get really annoyed by the sensation of sweating, and that's what being rained on feels like.

25. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

I don't have any waterproof jacket besides my snowboarding jacket here. So not happening.

26. Eva

Eva

Loungin Since Aug '09
    World nomad

stalking myself on facebook

5k in 25m18s on july 19th, 2011.
    no way i could do that now. ugh. so out of shape!

27. YouKnowLarry

YouKnowLarry

Loungin Since Feb '11
    butholz

JT - I weighed 187 this morning. I am losing fat quickly, but I am not losing weight and my strength is going up. Summary: I won't be getting down to 175 because...I can't.  

28. bboytommy

bboytommy

Loungin Since Mar '11
    So Cal

running after rain is the best. the air is sharp, smooth, cold. i like it

29. passing gas

passing gas

Loungin Since Aug '09
    I need 100 black coffins for 100 bad men.

youknowlarry said: JT - I weighed 187 this morning. I am losing fat quickly, but I am not losing weight and my strength is going up. Summary: I won't be getting down to 175 because...I can't.  

gangSTUR!!!!

30. J.T.

J.T.

Loungin Since Aug '09
    beer me

youknowlarry said: JT - I weighed 187 this morning. I am losing fat quickly, but I am not losing weight and my strength is going up. Summary: I won't be getting down to 175 because...I can't.  

haha ya there is a reason I haven't been weighing in...I have eaten like a fucking animal. I've actually gained weight. I'm sure if I went on a super strict diet for a week I'd be right back to where I was, but I don't want to do that.

With that said, I'm in pretty good shape. I've still been active, surfing, beach volleyball, and HIIT. Skating and walking most places too. So I've gained weight but have only gotten more physically fit.

My new game plan is to eat normal amounts, and lift while still doing sprints and running. Today I had a bowl of granola and milk with a banana and peanut butter. Then ran the mile and a half to the gym, lifted, and ran back.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
Watch "Higher" for 24 hours 24 ILboarder12 geoffthemover 8 minutes
The Denver thread - 23272829 849 Deucen YouKnowLarry 1 hour
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23861862863 25874 TahoeChappy zkurd 1 hour
Official Airblaster thread - 23177178179 5346 shralp matty 1 hour
Fs: cartel est, malavita est, airblaster Ben lynch pro am and more! 6 Sampson023 highme 2 hours
[sticky] splitboard/ transceiver questions - 23789 255 vancouver Spenser 2 hours
Boot quest. 26 89c51 Jerms 3 hours
The official Never Summer thread - 23678 232 JpBergeron rlang 5 hours
FS: Burton AK Freebird Bib 1 crutan crutan 5 hours
FS/FT: 2013 Burton Fishcuit (Black Scales) 25 LilTeichMonster Jneischen 6 hours