MOD

Nitro Discussion   

nope.

2. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Nitro Discussion   

I've been helping out with the T9 demos up here, and a little with the Nitro tent as well. Plan on getting out on the subzero and T1 tomorrow to be able to provide a little more feedback to the thread. May take out some Raidens at the same time but in reality will probably just go with my bindings to give the board a more accurate review.  

3. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

Try a cambered T1 and let me know what you think about it please?

4. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Nitro Discussion   

Will do. That's actually what I meant to write. I had one in my hands today about to set it up then got sidetracked and never did. I'll definitely take one out tomorrow and report back.

5. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Nitro Discussion   

Parker, do you know what the T1.5 is? I saw it in a couple videos this year and I got it mixed up with next years rook because I think they have similar bases.

6. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

dandan said: Parker, do you know what the T1.5 is? I saw it in a couple videos this year and I got it mixed up with next years rook because I think they have similar bases.

"Introducing the new T1.5, our new performance Twin with camber: More control, more snap, more power, more airtime. Based on the globally successful T1, this upgraded version also features our new Whiplash Profile as well as Tri-Lite Laminates for that extra boost in performance."

7. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Nitro Discussion   

parker said:

dandan said: Parker, do you know what the T1.5 is? I saw it in a couple videos this year and I got it mixed up with next years rook because I think they have similar bases.

"Introducing the new T1.5, our new performance Twin with camber: More control, more snap, more power, more airtime. Based on the globally successful T1, this upgraded version also features our new Whiplash Profile as well as Tri-Lite Laminates for that extra boost in performance."

Thank you, so its essentially an upgraded T1.

That sounded like it came from a catalog, you should share the love.

8. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

Getting upside down on the Subzero

9. Iced_endeavor

Iced_endeavor

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Whistler, BC

Nitro Discussion   

We did nothing today except sit in lawn chairs and drink beer in front of the tents. We only pulled the Subzero's out of the board bags and I only did one lap all day(2 including the ride down) with both being on my T9 boards. As a result I clearly didn't get a chance to try any Nitro's out but we're back up there next weekend and I'll definitely be sure to get on as many as possible and report back.

10. drjcv

drjcv

Loungin Since Aug '09
    FUCK CANCER

Nitro Discussion   

haha

11. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

A few of you have mentioned Raiden bindings. What do you know about them... like/dislike/want to see more of?

12. User has not uploaded an avatar

loftyrocket

Loungin Since Oct '11

Nitro Discussion   

well, i broke the baseplate on one of my blackhawks. But, i love my machines. A new, more comfortable, toe strap would be nice.

13. User has not uploaded an avatar

LBC

Loungin Since Apr '11

Nitro Discussion   

I picked up the Phantoms around the end of the season. I'm really impressed with them. The ankle strap is really comfortable. I find it more comfortable than my Malavitas and Flux SF45s. The toe strap is minimalist, but works really well on my ZF1s. The highback is pretty tall and responsive. Ratchets are butter. The ride is really smooth with the dual airbags. I'd say it's a great all around binding. The only issue I've had is with the limited stance width adjustments with the mini disc if I use 4 screws. I've heard I can use 2 screws, but I don't feel comfortable doing that.  

14. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

loftyrocket said:  well, i broke the baseplate on one of my blackhawks. But, i love my machines. A new, more comfortable, toe strap would be nice.

In your opinion, what could be done to make it more comfortable? reshaping? padding? etc?

15. Boy

Boy

Loungin Since Oct '09
    Mt. Hood

Nitro Discussion   

Does anyone still do leather straps? Loved the support and response.

16. bad63lac

bad63lac

Loungin Since Mar '10
    New Jersey

Nitro Discussion   

I've never ridden them but my impression is that they are very similar to Rome bindings. You would know more than me but I'm almost certain they come from the same factory, no? The baseplate/hoop designs and interface is very similar as are the look/feel of the materials.

They seem to have some cool features that I've seen from some pictures. Like some of the stuff they do with the straps/ladders.

Looks wise, I just dont dig them. Prefer simple clean looks of Union stuff.

17. DanDan

DanDan

Loungin Since Jul '11

Nitro Discussion   

2013 Nitro and 2013 Raiden FINALLY up on Zuzupopo.

18. gunslinger

gunslinger

Loungin Since Sep '09
    RNO

Nitro Discussion   

dandan said: 2013 Nitro and 2013 Raiden FINALLY up on Zuzupopo.

Thanks man, I was just looking for the Nitro catalog.

19. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

Nitro Discussion   

Rook 154 arrived yesterday, will try it out today, heard and red nothing but good things about it, excited  

20. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

I might ride a shorter Rook this Friday or the new T1.5.

21. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

Also, now that I've been here for a few days and got well acquainted with all of the lines feel free to ask me questions...

22. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

Nitro Discussion   

Parker, tell me about them poder boards, like the Slash, Pantera, etc.

23. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

Ok.

The Slash is a tapered pow board with a lot of nose. It features Gullwing, sintered base, poplar core, biaxial glass. Its basically Nitro's version of the Charlie. It is definitely a quiver board specifically for pow.

The Pantera is more of all around free ride board. It is also tapered, tri laminate glass, carbon stringers, regular camber, sintered base. On the stiffer end of the spectrum for sure.

24. gunslinger

gunslinger

Loungin Since Sep '09
    RNO

Nitro Discussion   

T1.5 is on my short list for next season, let me know if you ride one

25. shralp

shralp

Loungin Since Aug '09
    vehicle of mass poder destruction

Nitro Discussion   

Slash is 15mm taper? Pantera is something like 6-8mm? Thanks for clarifying Parker. I've always dug the look of the Slash.

26. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

gunslinger said:  T1.5 is on my short list for next season, let me know if you ride one

Might ride one on Friday

27. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

Rode the Rook and T1.5 as well as Raiden Zero's and Pusher's. The Rook and Zero combination won me over. Super fun and playful board with nice medium flexing bindings. The pushers are a little stiffer in the basetray and the T1.5 was an awesome camber board but a little stiffer than i would like, though not as stiff as a stairmaster extreme.

28. gunslinger

gunslinger

Loungin Since Sep '09
    RNO

Nitro Discussion   

Bummer about the stiffness on the T1.5, I thought the park flex would be more like a mid-flexing camber board. What do you know, if anything about the Factory Rook with teh camber?

29. mr mouse

mr mouse

Loungin Since Apr '10

Nitro Discussion   

rook in action

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Widget

need to get my ass over to laax one day

30. Parker

Parker

$$$
    Loungin Since Sep '09
    MOD

Nitro Discussion   

gunslinger said:  Bummer about the stiffness on the T1.5, I thought the park flex would be more like a mid-flexing camber board. What do you know, if anything about the Factory Rook with teh camber?

Its not a stiff board by any means. Just stiffer than I was hoping for.

31. 2011 Burton Restricted
Save More $$$ - Today's DamOutlet Deal

back to top of the page

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Topic - click here for more Latest Topics Posts Author Last Poster Freshness
NE Summer 'shred' meetup? (AIR!) 2 earthsurfing Lionel Hutz 36 minutes
Random shred news and etc... - 23525354 1615 Junkshow ToddTheRod 38 minutes
Stock(s) & Finance Thread - 23678 212 peh760603 YouKnowLarry 1 hour
Blowin some cash on a board..... GNU Beast or Ride Highlife UL? 11 spacemanspiff BFBF 2 hours
The Official Tahoe Thread - 23525354 1599 Alkasquawlik TahoeChappy 3 hours
I`m going fishing - 23252627 796 Dave99 goggles 3 hours
letter from china 17 tianjin tianjin 10 hours
Post a picture of yourself - 23402403404 12102 RIPITUP Qurph 11 hours
The Official Random Thoughts Thread - 23851852853 25573 TahoeChappy Gonzo 12 hours
The (ohFISHial?) Fish Thread - 23353637 1081 Jneischen LilTeichMonster 13 hours